About State Rep. Linda Kochmar
Linda began serving the 30th District in the Washington State House of Representatives in 2012. She is now in her third term representing communities throughout Federal Way, Milton, Pacific, Algona and Auburn.
A member of her community since 1972, Linda has witnessed Federal Way’s immense growth and change over the years, and understands the diverse needs of the community. During the last 15 years, she has served as Federal Way’s mayor, deputy mayor and a city councilmember. She’s also a nationally certified risk manager, having most recently worked as a risk manager for Lakehaven Utility District, the largest water/sewer district in Washington state.
In addition, Linda has six children and seven grandchildren.
- Federal Way mayor, 2010
- Federal Way deputy mayor, 2000-2001 and 2004-2005
- Chair of the Land Use, Finance/Regional Affairs, and Parks/Recreation/Human Services, and Public Safety committees.
Other Legislative Assignments
- Road User Assessment Steering Committee
- Commercially Sexually Exploited Children Statewide Coordinating Committee
- Office of Homeless Youth Prevention and Protection Programs Advisory Committee
- Washington State Council on Aging
- Recipient, National Federation of Independent Business’ (NFIB) 2014 “Guardian of Small Business Award”
- National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) Distinguished Graduate
- Soroptomist Woman of Distinction
- Association of Washington Cities (AWC) Certified Municipal Leader
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- National League of Cities (NLC) Certificate of Achievement in Leadership
- Federal Way Community Council
- St. Francis Hospital Women’s Advisory Council
- Kiwanis Foundation Board and Federal Way Kiwanis
- American Association of University Women
- Communities in Schools Advisory Board
- Soroptomist Club of Federal Way
- Church Administrative Council