Dear Friends and Neighbors,
The first week of the 2014 legislative session has concluded. The year has already started on a busy note. I’ve been back in Olympia attending committee hearings, meeting with constituents and voting on solutions to make our communities stronger and better places to live.
There are many pressing issues before us this session including jobs/economy, transportation, education, taxes/budget, health care, public safety, and many other matters. However, the budget we passed last year has enabled us to start this session without a huge deficit.
I have sponsored and co-sponsored some important legislation:
- House Bill 2028 – Makes a person guilty of negligent driving in the first degree, if they are exhibiting the effects of having consumed cannabis.
- House Bill 2359 – Exempts collectible vehicles, which are rarely driven, from emission test requirements.
- House Bill 2360 – Protects employers from having interest accrue from Labor and Industries assessment of penalties while they are appealing a court order requiring them to pay the penalties.
- House Bill 2170 – Authorizes water-sewer districts to issue their own warrants for payments. I recently discussed the importance of this bill when it had a hearing in the House Local Government Committee. You can watch my explanation below:
Except for the Rules Committee, all of my committees have held hearings. Like last year, I am serving on five House committees:
- Local Government (Assistant Ranking Republican)
- Business & Financial Services
- Technology and Economic Development
While I am at the Capitol you can contact me in several different ways and keep informed of the work I am doing. My phone number, office location and e-mail address are all listed on my website which is www.representativelindakochmar.com. Additionally, you can forward this email to anyone you think would be interested and they can sign up for this correspondence at my website. And lastly, I will be recording legislative updates via video every other week. You will be able to see these on my website, YouTube and our local stations.
I am looking forward to representing you in my second term. While I am in Olympia the needs of our communities remain my top priority. The Legislature can accomplish great things if we work together and reject placing politics before people. I am excited to be part of the solution and a voice for you as we move our state forward and realize our great potential.
122F Legislative Building | P.O. Box 40600 | Olympia, WA 98504-0600
(360) 786-7898 | Toll-free: (800) 562-6000